Thursday, July 19, 2012

English camp

We got to camp and they were doing an English lesson on Genesis. After that we ate lunch and then went to specialty classes. I went to Katherine's personality class. She talked about personalities and how they change as you get older, etc. Everyone got to take a shortened version of the Myers-Briggs personality test. I found put I am an ISTJ. I need to read more about that later...we also sang songs which was fun.

After that, the campers had been divided up into 4 groups-red, blue, orange, and green. They each had to come up with a mascot for their team and present it. We got to judge the mascot contest. We chose the orange team-the orange crush. They were the most creative with their chant/slogan. Then they had a volleyball tournament which was fun-red won. In everything that we did, it gave the Bulgarians a chance to practice their English. Most of them have been working on English in the teams regular English club on Thursday's, so they were there to practice. After dinner there was another English/bible lesson. It was a lot of fun and a great time to build relationships and teach about Christ.

Now, the room Johanna and I shared was interesting. It was true hostel style. There were 2 beds and a sink. No bathroom. We had to share a bathroom with Dal and Beth across the hall. The bathroom was interesting, it was one where it basically looked like a big shower with a sink and toilet in it. There was no shower curtain or anything, it was just open. So everything got wet when you took a shower lol

No comments:

Post a Comment