Thursday, October 29, 2015

CCC Mission Conference


This past weekend I was given the opportunity to speak at my church's Mission Conference about Bulgaria. Saturday evening we had the annual "Chili Cook-Off", I gave an update on my ministry, and then we listened to a missions keynote speaker. 

The theme of the evening was being thankful to God and I realized just how much for which I have to be thankful. I have such wonderful friends and supporters that truly show me what it is like to not be alone in this journey. Shout out to Katie Chatham that I want to carry around in my pocket as my personal cheerleader lol she and her husband know exactly what it is like to raise support (being that they were missionaries in Afghanistan) and have come alongside me to help in every way possible. It's always easier to raise support for someone else than it is for yourself, and when Katie introduced me on Saturday night she made me realize just how important community is and that it takes a village to bring God to the villages (heehee). I am so thankful for all of my supporters that are donating to my ministry to help these girls. If you are one of my donors, please know that you are appreciated beyond measure.   

Sunday morning I was able to speak during the Sunday school hour along with missionaries from Romania. It was really neat to be able to meet this family serving in the country that neighbors Bulgaria and I look forward to visiting with them when I get overseas. They are interested in knowing more about human trafficking and how they can get involved in helping the Roma (gypsy) women in their village. 

God is moving things along and even though I'm not in Bulgaria yet, I am making great connections and meeting the people God has intended for me to connect with before I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment