Thursday, September 17, 2015

Club Outreach Last Night


So, I went out with my group from Created last night for outreach. Once per month we visit a local strip club and talk to and build friendships with the women in order to share the love of Christ. What was exciting is that one of the girls I have consistently been speaking with each time we go told me that she was cutting back to only working one day per week at the club and didn't care that she would be broke. I reminded her that the last time we had spoken I offered to drive her to job interviews, or to work (she does not currently have a car) if she needed rides. I am praying that I hear from her soon and can help her in regards to finding another way of earning income. Please also keep her in your prayers. We met another girl last night, new to the area, that said that she was very interested in coming to church and that she has faith and she prays. We hope that she contacts us so that we can meet her at church on a Sunday. 

The one consistent thing I see every time I go on these outreaches is how eager these girls are for female interaction and friendship. One girl stated that it was wonderful to learn women's names and hear female voices instead of men's for a change. These girls hunger for attention, reassurance, and love and are always so grateful that we have stopped in to see them and that we care about them and remember specific things that they are experiencing in their lives. God is present inside that strip club and He care for and loves these girls. 

   
Please keep praying that my support comes in for Bulgaria. I am done working at my current job in less than 2 weeks and will be support raising full time in order to get to the field by early 2016. Every 26 seconds a woman or child is sold into slavery for the first time. God has given me a desire to see this changed for the Gospel's sake. With my degree in Christian counseling I can walk alongside these women to show them the love of Christ and help them rehabilitate from the trauma of being trafficked. 

Please help me get to Bulgaria by joining my support team and giving monthly. I have a new website with MTW and it is SO COOL! Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment