Why do missionaries raise support? In my simplest of thoughts, raising support/funds is just ground work for people being a part of the Lord's ministry that He is doing through me. Not only does the support fund my ministry and allow me to go to Bulgaria, but it helps my supporters be invested in my mission. It lays the foundation for people to pray for me and truly be a part of the ministry in Sofia, Bulgaria. It also gives me a support system that I know is both praying for me and interested in my well being and what is going on in Sofia.
Video about why missionaries raise support: http://youtu.be/7OoABUs2N40
Here is some scripture I found that talks about missions and support raising.
The Great Commission:
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19, 20 ESV)
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:21 ESV)
"Now concerning the collection for the saints: as I directed the churches of Galatia, so you also are to do. On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come." (1 Corinthians 16:1, 2 ESV)


No comments:
Post a Comment