Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thirty-one party for Bulgaria

First off I'd like to thank Kelly Fiorello, Christina Fischer, Sarah Teoli, and Melanie Holtham for coming to my party today for Bulgaria. It meant so much to me that you all took time out of your busy schedules to come and listen to my story and passion for the women of Bulgaria.

Second, I'd like to say that I am somewhat disappointed in my turn out today. I expected many more people to turn out but didn't. My initial instinct was to cry. I felt a bit defeated and underwhelmed. However, I realized that is exactly how satan wanted me to feel. I was quickly reminded that I am doing God's work and there are going to be struggles along the way. God never said the end result would be easy, He only said it would be worth it. I refuse to give up and throw in the towel. I am only beginning my journey to spread God's word in Bulgaria to the women in prostitution and human trafficking. There will be good times and bad times. I also must remember that raising funds has nothing to do with ME or YOU...it has to do with GOD. I will post more about WHY missionaries raise support later (I don't want to overwhelm you tonight with reading material lol).

Today turned out to be a good time despite the turn out. My written feedback from some of the women there at my party was proof that God had exactly who needed to be there to listen to me speak and it made a world of difference in my attitude towards today and what I am certain I am meant to do.

I want to state that there will be several opportunities to come and listen to my story and testimony and learn how you can be a part of changing the lives of a few of the 27 million women caught in sex slavery. I understand that this is a touchy subject, but it is a real thing that is going on in our world and if we all just turn a blind eye to what's going on, then none of these girls will get the help that they desperately need. I am in dire need of financial support to make this journey and represent my church and YOU in Bulgaria. But without your financial, spiritual and prayerful support I can't go. Please pray about supporting me in some way or another and help me get God's love to the suffering women in Bulgaria.

Lastly, you can still order online from my party until Wednesday, May 8. 25% will go towards my mission. I saw some of the samples of what's out there to order through Thirty-one and they have some great stuff!! Here's the link: https://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/eventhome.aspx?eventId=E3163550&from=MYEVENTS

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment