Monday, February 1, 2016

Big changes happening!

Over the course of the last couple of months’ doors have started closing for me on Bulgaria. Being completely confused, I prayed and meditated on what was happening, asking God to open the doors back up to me again. I continued support raising, but I felt in my heart that something was off, changing, and l prayed HARD, asking God for clarity. As you know, I have been working with Created, a local anti-trafficking organization, for the last year. In October (when I stopped working at ReQuest) I increased my involvement with Created to which God has been breaking my heart for the women of Gainesville: on the streets, in the strip clubs, and in the prison. I've been building relationships with these women and mentoring them. It has become crystal clear to me in the last couple of weeks that God has been preparing me all along for this ministry here in my backyard. I have been asked to come on staff with Created full time as their co-director and I would be running their residential program, heading the counseling for the women while they are in the house, and starting an educational prison ministry to teach the women what abuse/trafficking looks like and how to avoid it and/or get out of it. After a lot of prayer, I have decided to take this position and stay here in Gainesville. This was a very difficult and bittersweet decision because I really love the MTW organization and have learned so much from them; on the other hand, this has also been an easy decision because I truly feel as though God has called me to work with Created. I want you to know that I have not taken this decision lightly, nor have I figured this out alone. I have reached out to close friends, my pastor, a counselor, and my mentor, all for advice on this situation; however, I truly heard the answer clearly from God. That being said, Created, is a Christian organization and I still need financial support. By the end of the week, your support with MTW will be stopped, you do not need to do anything on your part with MTW. However, I would love for you to remain on my team, fighting against human trafficking. I hope that you are still willing to support my ministry with Created, and I will send you the link to begin your giving with them. I want you to know that my biggest fear through this is that I will be letting down and/or disappointing you all as my supporters. Please know that my heart is passionate about helping these women who are hurting and being abused, and I pray that you will join me on this new adventure. I am EXTREMELY excited about it and I know God has big things in store for Created! If you want to learn more about my involvement with Created, I am more than happy to meet with you. Also, this Thursday, February 4th at 7pm, Christ Community Church in Gainesville will be hosting a women’s event to support Created by making gift bags and writing letters of encouragement to the women we serve. I will be speaking at this event about Created and I would love to have you there if you are able!

No comments:

Post a Comment